Running 12 marathons in 12 months was not an easy task for an inexperienced, untrained runner. Becky ran no more than 11 miles in training, dislocated her knee during marathon number 4 (and still finished) and even managed to cover 34 miles, rather than the standard '26.2 mile marathon distance' at one race! Team Run 12 are proof that friendship, determination and a bit of stubbornness can take you a long way - over 320 miles in fact!
Team Run 12 successfully donated over £26,000 to Cancer Research UK and Breast Cancer Care as a result of the 12 Marathons in 12 Months challenge.
Special thanks to: Mark Taylor, Meg Beard, Ali Hardy, Richard Acott, Dan Francis, Kate Johnson, Brian Weatherly, Shelley Abela and of the incredible family that surrounded us to make 12 Marathons in 12 Months happen. And a HUGE thank you to everyone who contributed towards the £25,000 target which we smashed!
1) On January 25th, Team Run 12 completed
The Team Run 12 Micro Marathon! Read more here.
2) On February 15th Becky completed the
Broadmeadows Valentines Run. Read more here.
3) On March 2nd, Becky completed the
Cambridge Boundary Run. Read more here.
4) On April 13th 2014, Becky and Shelley completed the
Virgin London Marathon. Read more here.
5) On May 5th 2014, Becky and Mark completed the
Milton Keynes Marathon. Read more here.
6) On May 31st Becky completed the
Kent Road Runner Marathon. Read more here.
7) On the 13th July 2014, Becky and Mark completed
The Wales Marathon. Read more here.
8) On August 31st, Becky completed the
Halifax Marathon. Read more here.
9) On October 5th, Becky and Meg completed the
Bournemouth Marathon. Read more here.
10) On November 2nd, Becky completed the
New York Marathon. Read more here.
9) On November 29th 2014, Becky and Ali completed the
Cuxton Trailscape Marathon. Read more here.
12) Becky's final marathon, supported by the team was the
Portsmouth Coastal Marathon completed on 21st December